Once you have negotiated a contract and agreed on a sales price, the next phase of our job begins. Below is a list of some of the details I will be managing through this process.
- I will constantly check with the title company to assess when they need additional information and whether there will be any problems that could affect obtaining title.
- I ensure that both you and your Buyer receive copies of all documents pertaining to the transaction. I will have the Buyer sign to acknowledge that he/she has received his/her copies.
- I will make sure that the Buyer meets and removes all contingencies within the time limit provided or get an extension, if needed, signed by both you and the Buyer.
- I will keep you abreast of the Buyer’s application for a loan and the progress of the appraisal on your home.
- I will work with the appraiser to arrange for entry to the property and to answer any questions he/she may have about the home or neighborhood. I will also provide the appraiser with the most recent comparable sales in the area.
- I will make sure that the Buyer increases their deposit in a timely manner.
- I will coordinate and attend as many inspections as possible and keep you informed of all findings.
Once the inspections are complete, I will negotiate for you if any problems arise.
- I will cooperate with the Buyer and others involved ensuring that corrective work is completed according to the terms of the contract.
- I will ensure that all documents are ordered and drawn, including your loan pay-off and insurance for the Buyer.
- I will do my best to have your closing papers drawn one week before Close of Escrow (COE) so that if any problems arise, I can solve them while remaining within the time frame you expect.
If you prefer, I will deliver your escrow check to you personally. I am also happy to coordinate move-in dates.